1. Humans need a charger so they can unplug and recharge their batteries.
2. A predator preys before meals.
3. I didn’t want to mow the grass, so I told it to sod off.
4. I am chopped liver. I enjoy life in bits and pieces.
In Its Own Write
5. In the classic novel “Lord of the Files,” clerical workers fight to the death over who will dominate the office.
Holidays & Events
6. News Flash! The paparazzi went to the hospital with sympathy pains following news of the Duchess of Cambridge’s pregnancy.
7. Wishing you a happy 12-12-12, the last repetitive date in your lifetime. The last repetitive date in your lifetime. The last repetitive date in your lifetime.
8. Middle Earth has a Hobbit of reappearing every decade.
9. I hope someone sends the Mayans a free 2013 calendar before theirs runs out.
10. Some believe that a Mayan scribe ran out of ink on December 20.
11. December 20 is 20-12-2012. Something tells me that this means something.
12. It’s not the end of the world if nothing happens on December 21.
13. I wonder what will happen on December 21 when the Mayan calendar ends. I guess I’ll never…
14. This is a public announcement. The apocalypse has been postponed.
15. Last year my vision was 20-12. May your vision in 2013 be better than mine.
16. I am exhausted from dealing with Taylor Swift’s relationship issues and breakups.
17. I’m welcoming my in-laws with open arms and fingers crossed.
18. What’s a meme? When I was young, we called it buzz.
Images courtesy of Microsoft.
M.G. Edwards is a writer of books and stories in the mystery, thriller and science fiction-fantasy genres. He also writes travel adventures. He is author of Kilimanjaro: One Man’s Quest to Go Over the Hill, a non-fiction account of his attempt to summit Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest mountain, a collection of short stories called Real Dreams: Thirty Years of Short Stories and Alexander the Salamander, a children’s story set in the Amazon. His books are available to purchase as an e-book and in print from Amazon.com and other booksellers. He lives in Bangkok, Thailand with his wife Jing and son Alex.
For more books or stories by M.G. Edwards, visit his web site at www.mgedwards.com or his blog, World Adventurers. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org, on Facebook, on Google+, or @m_g_edwards on Twitter.
© 2013 Brilliance Press. All rights reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted without the written consent of the author.