Here are some thoughts and sayings I posted on Twitter and/or Facebook in December 2013 and January 2014. To my knowledge, I made these up (for better or for worse). Sit back, relax, and enjoy the write!
1. You cannot deny destiny, but if you do nothing, destiny can deny you.
2. Doing two things at once takes half the time.
3. I score a goal every time I hit the coffee puck into the trash.
In Its Own Write
4. I’m writing a book about a pair of normal Romans.
Holidays & Events
5. A human in a polar vortex is like a polar bear in a zoo.
6. ’13 was my lucky year. I made it to 2014.
7. The Mayan calendar ended in 2012. It only took me a year to catch up.
8. The ring of the cash registers sounds like silver bells.
9. Before the advent of December 1, there was November 30.
10. Sometimes what’s in the rear view is more interesting than what lies ahead.
11. Trains of thought don’t always run on schedule.
Click here to visit the Thoughts & Sayings page, or click here to read the previous batch of Thoughts & Sayings.
Images courtesy of Microsoft except Roman Coliseum photo by M.G. Edwards.
M.G. Edwards is a writer of books and stories in the mystery, thriller and science fiction-fantasy genres. He also writes travel adventures. He is author of Kilimanjaro: One Man’s Quest to Go Over the Hill, a non-fiction account of his attempt to summit Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest mountain, and a short story collection called Real Dreams: Thirty Years of Short Stories. He also wrote and illustrated Alexander the Salamander, Ellie the Elephant, and Zoe the Zebra, three books in the World Adventurers for Kids Series, and a 3-in-1 collection featuring all three. His books are available in e-book and print from Amazon.com and other booksellers. Edwards graduated from the University of Washington with a master’s degree in China Studies and a Master of Business Administration. He lives in Bangkok, Thailand with his wife Jing and son Alex.
For more books or stories by M.G. Edwards, visit his web site at www.mgedwards.com or his blog, World Adventurers. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org, on Facebook, on Google+, or @m_g_edwards on Twitter.
© 2014 Brilliance Press. All rights reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted without the written consent of the author.