Here are some thoughts and sayings I posted on Twitter and/or Facebook in September. To my knowledge, I made these up (for better or for worse). Sit back, relax, and enjoy the write!
1. Keep on peddling, but don’t oversell.
2. I may bite my tongue if I say something tongue in cheek.
3. I have champagne tastes but a beer budget and had to trade my flute for a mug.
4. If technology were a pet, I would send it to obedience training.
5. After two failed attempts, I’m back to fail again.
6. One person’s junk is another’s Chinese vessel.
In Its Own Write
7. I’ve turned a page and am headed in the write direction.
Holidays & Events
8. On Labor Day, America rests while the rest of the world labors.
9. Today at the political party convention, the candidate will deliver this month’s speech of their life.
10. Overheard at a linguistic convention: “I speak Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish.” “Yes, but what about Finnish?”
11. I flew to the other side of the world to get away from jetlag, but it followed me.
12. My bark is worse than my bite, but I do bite.
13. Disruptive technology: The day Twitter shakes up the 140-character limit by varying it.
14. When I moved to the Southern Hemisphere, my world turned upside down.
Click here to read the previous batch of Thoughts and Sayings.
Images courtesy of Microsoft.
M.G. Edwards is a writer of books and stories in the mystery, thriller and science fiction-fantasy genres. He also writes travel adventures. He is author of Kilimanjaro: One Man’s Quest to Go Over the Hill, a non-fiction account of his attempt to summit Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest mountain, a collection of short stories called Real Dreams: Thirty Years of Short Stories and Alexander the Salamander, a children’s story set in the Amazon. His books are available to purchase as an e-book and in print from Amazon.com and other booksellers. He lives in Bangkok, Thailand with his wife Jing and son Alex.
For more books or stories by M.G. Edwards, visit his web site at www.mgedwards.com or his blog, World Adventurers. Contact him at email@example.com, on Facebook, on Google+, or @m_g_edwards on Twitter.
© 2012 Brilliance Press. All rights reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted without the written consent of the author.